Benefits of Green Cauliflowerall these is from
The green cauliflower or Broccoli is an edible vegetable from the cabbage family. The flowering head of it is used as a vegetable. Broccoli in the Italian language means “flowering top of a cabbage”. It is eaten raw or boiled.
Broccoli when taken in steamed form imparts beneficial effects to the body as the nutritional values are at the highest level in this state. Children can be given broccoli in raw form, as a constitute of salads or in sandwiches. The attractive green color is pleasing and tempting to all.
Broccoli is loaded with health benefits and has done miracles in many such cases.
- It has Vitamin D, K and A in large amounts. Patients with vitamin D deficiency are advised to take broccoli in their regular diet.
- It has a rich source of flavonoid called kaempferol. This helps in combating allergic conditions. Because of the anti-inflammatory action it is ideal for allergic patients.
- It helps to detoxify the body by the presence of a number of glucosinolates, that help in this process.
- Broccoli is well-known for its effect in reducing the cholesterol levels in the blood. Raw broccoli is more beneficial in this case. The fibers bind with the bile acids and makes excretion of it easier; thereby resulting in lowering the cholesterol levels in blood.
- Broccoli boosts the immune system of our body, and therefore helps body defense mechanism to fight cancer cells.
- Omega 3 fatty acids present in broccoli help in the anti-inflammatory process.
- Broccoli has some powerful antioxidants like, lutein, carotenoids and beta-carotene. It is also a rich source of vitamin C which itself is an antioxidant.
- Presence of calcium helps to prevent osteoporosis.
- It is also loaded with carbohydrates and imparts lots of energy.
- It also contains a considerable amount of proteins.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of fresh cream
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 peeled and chopped potato
- 6 cups of chicken stock. Can be purchased ready-made.
- 3 cups of chopped broccoli.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This soup is highly nutritious and tasty to have. Children also love it. Definitely you need to try it too.