Top 8 Questions to Ask a Potential SEO AgencyTrying to get your website to rank on the top of Google and other search engines is a lot of work. If you don't have the time to do these activities, many businesses and individuals often turn to the professionals so that they can focus their energy elsewhere.
However, before you pick up the phone and hire the first SEO agency you come across, you're going to want to know the right questions to ask.
To help you with the hiring process, here are eight questions you should ask any agency you're thinking about hiring.
1. May I look at your past clients?
2. How will you improve my ranking?
3. Are there guarantees?If the SEO agency states that they can guarantee a number one ranking, then you should probably run for the hills. You have to remember that search engines run on an algorithm. While it can be gamed to an extent, these rankings aren't going to last long. While it's okay for a company to make certain guarantees, just make sure that they aren't doing anything to put your website at risk.
4. Do you work locally, nationally or both?In the world of SEO, an agency will either focus on a national or local market. While some companies can focus on both, you're going to want to choose a professionals who only focuses on one area. Since the local and national ranking system is a lot different, you're going to want an agency that knows how to rank a local website properly if you're only looking to target a specific geographical location. On the other hand, if you want to target the world, you'll want people who can rank you worldwide.
5. Will you share changes?
6. What is success to you?
7. How will we communicate?
In the world of business, communication is key. Without good communication, it's hard to determine how much progress the website has made. Ask the agency how they generally prefer to keep in contact. Is it via Skype? Email? Phone? The more options you have, the easier it will be to keep in touch.
8. How much will you charge?
By treating the hiring process like an interview, you're bound to find someone you're comfortable with. Just remember to take your time, dig deep into their history and ask lots of questions. By adding the questions mentioned above to your list, you're bound to find agency which can bring you success for years to come.